Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) & Derivatives REACH Consortium
Manufacturers of Linear Alkyl Benzene & Derivatives (Heavy Alkylate Bottoms, Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid, Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid Sodium Salt) have joined efforts in the context of their REACH compliance activities and launched the LAB & Derivatives consortium in January 2009.
Through the LAB and Derivatives REACH Consortium a group of manufacturers and importers of Linear Alkyl Benzene, Dialkyl benzene Alkylbenzene, Linear Alkyl benzene Sulphonic acid and Linear Alkyl benzene Sulphonic acid, sodium salt has decided to join efforts to prepare dossiers, using read across opportunities among similar substances.
The REACH registration dossier of the following substances was prepared for a joint submission in 2010:
- HAB (Benzene, mono-C10-13-alkyl derivs, distillation residues, CAS: 84961-70-6, EC: 284-660-7)
- LAB (Benzene, C10-C13 alkyl derivatives, CAS: 67774-74-7, EC: 267-051-0)
- LAS (Benzene sulfonic acid 4-C10-C13 sec alkyl derivatives, CAS: 85536-14-7, EC: 287-494-3)
- LAS NA (Benzene sulfonic acid, C10-C13 alkyl derivatives, sodium salt, CAS: 68411-30-3, EC: 270-115-0)
The REACH registration dossier of the following substances will be prepared for a joint submission in 2013:
- HAB (Benzene, mono-C12-13-alkyl derivatives fractionation bottoms, no assigned CAS, no assigned EC)
The administration management of the consortium is handled by ReachCentrum. The technical content preparation of the registration dossier and joint submission is managed by John Adams Associates/Kellen Europe.