Aluminium and Iron salts (AlFe) REACH Consortium
The manufacturers, importers, only representatives of Aluminium salts, Iron salts and Sodium Aluminate joined efforts for their REACH compliance activities and have transferred on February 13th 2009 their Aluminium and Iron salts (AlFe) REACH consortium to ReachCentrum for Secretariat activities.
Through the AlFe REACH Consortium, the manufacturers, importers and only representatives have decided to join efforts to prepare consistent registration dossiers, building on the experience gained during the OECD/HPV program for Iron salts and pre-OECD/HPV program for Aluminium salts. The project management and secretariat of the consortium is handled by ReachCentrum.
The AlFe consortium is divided into 3 sub-consortia:
- Aluminium (Al) salts sub-consortium
- Iron (Fe) salts sub-consortium
- Sodium aluminate (SodAl) sub-consortium
The Lead registrants are:
- Kemira Oyj for the Fe salts
- Kemira Oyj for the Al salts
- Remondis GmbH for the sodium aluminate (SodAl)